We Take Your Dental Insurance
Dental insurance offers a very straightforward way to make your dental care much more affordable, and at Desert Vista Dental West, we can confidently say that we’ll accept your plan. Our team will be able to go over the benefits of your specific plan so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered, and we’ll even file your claims for you so we can make sure you’re maximizing your coverage at every visit. With us, using your insurance will always be nice and simple. To learn a little bit more about dental insurance and how it works in our office, read on below.
An Explanation on How Dental Insurance Works
Unlike medical insurance, dental insurance isn’t primarily focused on helping you deal with sudden, urgent problems, but rather, it’s intended to help with prevention. That’s why most plans cover preventive treatments like checkups and cleanings 100%. These services help our team catch and treat problems during their earliest stages, lowering a patient’s chances of needing more extensive (and expensive) procedures later on. Because of this, an easy way to get the most out of your plan is to simply attend your two recommended preventive appointments each year.
Understanding What Your Dental Insurance Plan Covers
Every dental insurance plan is a little bit different, but for most, their benefits basically break down like this:
- Preventive care like checkups, cleanings, X-rays, and fluoride treatments are 100% covered.
- Restorative care , such as fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, and implant restorations are covered 50-75%.
- Cosmetic services like teeth whitening and porcelain veneers are NOT covered because they are deemed as “medically unnecessary.”
- Some plans also offer coverage for orthodontic care, but it can often just be for patients 18 years old and under.
We’re a Proud In-Network Provider with Several Dental Insurances
Our practice is in-network with virtually all PPO dental insurance plans, and this means we have a contract with each provider to charge reduced fees for our services. When you visit a practice that is in-network with your plan, you actually save money two different ways.
First, just by virtue of having a particular insurance plan, you’ll be paying less than our normal fees for our services, and then your policy will cover a portion of that reduced rate. This can easily add up to hundreds in savings at every single appointment.
We accept the following dental insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ
- Delta Dental - PPO
- Sunlife Financial
- Total Dental Administrators
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
- And many more! Don’t see your plan? Ask our friendly team.